Build the Field
REDF builds the field through two key approaches:
• Providing the resources, connections, and community to help the social enterprise sector advance and serve more people.
• Creating supportive regional social enterprise ecosystems to help the sector thrive.
REDFworkshop is a resource, a connector, and a community of people working together to build a national movement of employment-focused social enterprises. REDFworkshop provides our members with:
• An interactive suite of online tools and best practices to build your business and increase your impact.
• Webinars and in-person gatherings to learn from leaders in the field.
• A searchable directory to connect with other employment social enterprises, potential customers, funders, and employers.
• A voice and input on important legislation to help build the social enterprise field.
Support the power of a job to transform a life. Be part of the social enterprise movement.
Go to REDFworkshop.org/register to set up your free account today.
Building Local and Regional Partnerships
In order to thrive, social enterprises need local and regional partnerships with businesses, government, nonprofits, and philanthropy.
REDF created a successful prototype in California that can be used as a model to foster collaboration and improve outcomes for people. LA:RISE - the Los Angeles Regional Initiative for Social Enterprise unites social enterprises with L.A.’s public Workforce Development System, competitive employers, and specialized service providers to help people facing employment barriers get good jobs and stay employed.
Informed by what we’ve learned after two years of leading LA:RISE, REDF is now working to develop social enterprise regional partnerships in San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa counties as well as in Seattle Washington.